PINION CORE TECHNOLOGY
Pinion gearbox technology functions on the basis of spur gearing with two gearing sub-units connected on the output end. The combination of gearing sub-units with their different gear pairs generates the individual gears. These are evenly spaced in gearshift steps that make ergonomic sense for the particular application range, depending on the type of gearbox. Pinion has no gear overlaps. Low efficiency values and chain wear are also unknown with Pinion gearbox technology. Furthermore, we achieve transmission ratios of more than 630 percent, meaning you can select the perfect gear for any situation. All gears can be shifted in succession or skipped in whatever steps you require. It doesn’t matter in this case whether the bicycle is moving or not. In usual hub trans-missions, there are usually a relatively large number of components in mesh for transmitting force. With Pinion, however, force is only transmitted via two gear pairs. This special technical feature ensures a consistently direct and loss-free riding sensation in any gear.
Each Pinion gearbox has been developed and produced in Germany according to the most exacting industrial standards, and is configured as a highly durable, wear-free module for mileage in excess of 40,000 miles.
- ABSOLUTELY RELIABLE: Based on the model of proven automotive engineering, the Pinion gearbox functions efficient and reliably
- EXTREMELY LOW MAINTENANCE: The gearbox runs in the oil bath. The bottom bracket inside the gearbox is also self-conditioning. Apart from an oil change every 10,000 km, no further maintenance is required on the gearbox.
- SILKY SMOOTH PEDALLING MOTION: Consistent efficiency at the highest level on all terrains and in all weathers.
- 5 YEARS GUARANTEE: No other manufacturer grants a longer guarantee on the function of its gearboxes.
- CAREFREE ON THE ROAD: Highest quality standards and the 100% function check of each gearbox guarantee permanent cycling pleasure.
- MADE IN GERMANY: Pinion drive technology is available in absolute premium bikes and high-quality everyday bikes.
A central, low center of gravity for excellent handling and unrivaled riding dynamics, minimal maintenance and care requirements and a superior, perfectly graded gear range – mountain bikes with Pinion gearbox are extremely tough and made for your next mountain bike adventure. Whether it is a micro adventure right on your door step or challenging enduro races, the shifting performance impresses at a consistently high level. Gently uphill and even faster downhill with instant gear shifts!
- ROBUST AND PROTECTED: No gear system components are prone to impacts and exposed to weather effects.
- LIGHTNING-FAST SHIFTING: In every situation – gear shift in only 0.5 seconds.
- ALWAYS IN THE RIGHT GEAR: Highest overall ratio and perfect adaptation to the application.
- PURE RIDING PLEASURE: Central center of gravity, light wheels and sensitive rear suspension.
- SILKY SMOOTH PEDALING MOTION: Consistent efficiency at the highest level. In every gear. In all weathers.
- REAL GEARS: No gear overlap.
- NO WEAR IN THE GEARBOX: The gearbox runs 10,000 km maintenance-free: Oil change every 10,000 km or once a year. Depending on what comes first. Up to 4x longer durability of chain and sprocket.
Daily commute to the office, cycling trips at the weekend, holidays with bag and baggage. The use of a trekking bicycle is so diverse and the desire for a bicycle that you can rely on is uniform. You can rely on a trekking bicycle with Pinion gearbox transmission! Thanks to the encapsulated design, the gear system is protected against dirt and functions reliably. Pinion gearboxes are integrated centrally in the frame and provide an incomparable balanced ride feeling.
- CAREFREE IN DAY-TO-DAY LIFE: Extremely low-maintenance. Oil changes are required only after every 10,000 km or once a year. Depending on what comes first.
- THE VERY BEST FROM THE CAR: Reliable gearbox technology from the car for the bicycle.
- INTUITIVE SHIFTING: Shifting in every situation. When stationary or during the ride.
- AWARD-WINNING: Pinion bikes are test winners. Numerous awards, top marks and purchase tips speak for themselves.
- CLEAN AND QUIET: Encapsulated gearbox: No dirt inside the system. No adjustment of the gearshift.
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Made in Germany with 5-year guarantee. Inclusive with the P-Line, optional for C-Line.